Health and Safety Info

Safety/Security Resources

Below are videos and resources used to help students understand and prepare for lockdown drills and other emergencies.

Going over the language and procedures at home could spark discussions and reinforce safety protocols. Please reach out if you have any questions.

I Love You Guys Foundation

PK-2nd grade video:

2nd-5th/6th video:


How Sick Is Too Sick?

There are four main reasons to keep children home:

1. The child is at risk of infecting others of a contagious illness, either because of symptoms or recent close contact with someone ill.

2. The child does not feel well enough to take part in usual activities. For example, the child is overly tired, fussy, or crying.

3. A child needs more care than teachers and staff can give while still caring for other children.

4. The child (or adult) has symptoms, or an illness listed on this list.


Medications, Allergies, Asthma:

Parents must provide a Medication Agreement, filled out and signed by their healthcare provider if their student has a condition that will require the administration of any medication during the school day, including over-the-counter and prescription medications.

Parents will provide medication in the original package or a prescription container that has not expired, along with the appropriately signed medication form (below). Once received, a nurse may delegate administration of either a prescription or over-the-counter medication, based on the health care provider's order.

According to BOE policy JLC and Colorado Nursing Board Policy #30-04, district nurses have the obligation to call physicians directly to verify orders, if needed.

Medication Agreement (New 8/17: Different languages with standardized second page in English for MD to read, fill out, and sign.)
| English | Russian | Spanish |

Extended Field Trip Medication Protocol
* Extended Field Trip Medication Form Elementary
* Extended Field Trip Medication Form MS/HS - use this form for any trip overnight away from school
* Parent Checklist for Extended Field Trips

Any student needing an epi pen or inhaler at school will need the proper health plans filled out and signed by the health care provider. The Epi pen and Inhaler plans are linked here:

If your student will need ANY medication at school, including anything over-the-counter, you will need to have your health care provider fill this out VERY specifically: We do NOT provide ANY medications at school. You must provide them.  


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.